Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I have bad skin, is it a bad idea to wear makeup?

My skin is acne prone and I have lots of black heads and acne break outs all over my skin. I hate it! So I do wear eyeliner but I want to try wearing some concealer. My mom says it will make my pores bigger? What company is best to use though?and what kind..liquid or powder





(I'm using an acne treatment right now fyi)





Thanks!I have bad skin, is it a bad idea to wear makeup?
No you should def wear makeup to cover up your blemishes. Bare minerals is a great makeup your skin will look great. It is all natural so it will not hurt your skin at all. You should also get some daily moisturizer w/ acne medication and sunblock in it. And for the black heads I would say exfoliate at least 3x week. I had acne for a few years and proactiv really helped me. Just be sure to clean your skin before bed and don't wear makeup unless your going out. Good luck. And don't worry about the scars if you get them bc there are treatments now that will take them away. I have bad skin, is it a bad idea to wear makeup?
okay i had bad skin , too .





like what i do is use a 10 % benzoyl peroxide acne wash at night,


and then a 2 % salyical acid in the mornings.


and at night, mosturize !





for whatever reason, that helps my skin a lot.








and as far as the make up issue,


don't use liquid foundation.


that deff clogs your pores.


what would be best is to use that concealer that comes in a tube,


and you dab it on your zits to minmize their appearance,


so you don't have liquid gunk all over your face clogging pores.








and then you a loose mineral powder over that,


with some blush, of course !











but make sure to not wear ANY face make up during exercise.


that's the worst thing you can do ..
I think you need to work on getting your skin in better condition moreso than looking for makeup. I would recommend going to get a facial if you can afford it to do a deep cleaning and start from fresh.





For acne prone skin I recommend Jane Iredale pressed powder makeup- it gives a natural finish with buildable coverage. Make sure to moisturize properly before applying!
powdered foundation is best for oily skin. Liquid foundation will make your pores get clogged up and you will feel dirty. But I have found that powdered foundation doesnt last so I use a mixture of the two. If you use liquid get the oil free kind. Also try putting lotion on your face several times a day. Acne can be caused by dry skin. I get it on my arms and when I put it on a lot it nearly goes away copletely. Just a suggestion!
Use a light mineral powder. This will be the least clogging on your pores.





I don't think makeup will make your pores bigger, but it will clog your pores.
It's bad if the make up is heavy and pore-clogging. There are some make up that are good for your skin. Try going to places like Sephora or Clinique for advice on good make ups for your skin.
Have you tried Proactiv? It clears up skin like magic! Give it a week and you will be a new person! As for foundation...stick with an oil free one. Try the new brush on mineral foundations.
  • loreal hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    cats