Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shiney face, not too bad with makeup, but still annoying...?

I put acne cream on in the morning after washing with face soap, I think its called differen (cream), its like lotion without the shine. Then I put on the powder stuff from a compact (not sure of the correct term, lol) and within a hour or two, my face is all shiney! :( I use those oil blotting sheet things, put on more powder, and then again in like a hour or so, SHINEY! Its annoying and looks bad :( what can I do?Shiney face, not too bad with makeup, but still annoying...?
Definitely switch to a facial cleanser for oily skin and use an oil-free moisturizer to control oil production. It's your skin care routine that is causing you to overproduce oil.Shiney face, not too bad with makeup, but still annoying...?
Do you know that you are suppose to use Differin only at night? Sun breaks it down. You should try Smashbox primer under your makeup. It's suppose to reduce oil by 50%.
The only advice I can offer you is to use oil blotting sheets absolutely whenever necessary...
Moisturizing is very important for oily skin. It's just like your hair, if you wash it every day it gets pretty oily at the end of the day. Keep your skin moisturized.
Maybe you need to put a matte primer/moisturizer before applying the powder or choose matte powder for you.
My advice:water !


I used to forget about it and my daily dose often ended up under 1/2 l . I made a serious decision to improve this cause I was afraid that it could affect my health . And something unexpected happened. My face was becoming less and less shiny and the pimples started to reduce!


I recommend you to try this for some time (2 weeks or so) and to avoid that powder you use. And when your skin cleans up ,try using a special cream which equals the colour of your skin and doesn't block the pores .


You'll feel much better . :)
It's probably the makeup and your skincare routine combined - keep your skincare routine as simple as possible. Wash your face twice a day, drink lots of water, and only use spot treatments where you need them. Use a light moisturizer morning %26amp; night. You'd be surprised - using a complex skincare routine will make your face lots shinier and blotchier. Also, only wear makeup when you have to - powder may camoflauge shine, but it clogs your pores and will make you produce more oil. Good luck!
I totally understand...been there, done that...and my face is a complete oil factory. The ONLY makeup that helps me now is MAC Blot powder. At least it keeps the shine away longer than any other powder I've used, and it takes a lot longer to look caky than other powders I've tried. It's best to blot first then apply it. If you apply it with a brush it looks better than if you use the funky puff that comes with the powder. You can get it at Macy's at the MAC counter. I've heard others recommend Prescriptives Virtual Matte powder too - people who also liked MAC blot - but I haven't tried it yet. Hope this helps!





There are some oil mattifiers out there that work great for others out there with oily skin - they might work for you...personally, my skin rebels against them and either breaks out or just stays oily! Mary Kay oil mattifier you can buy on eBay and it's really inexpensive compared to the others (and, for my skin, works better than the others). There are other really expensive ones at stores like Sephora, and the assistant there could point them out to you. You put them on at the time you usually put on Differin, before your makeup, and they are supposed to keep the shine away. If you've never tried a mattifier, it would be worth a try - for some people's oily skin, they work wonders.
There are makeup bases that will control your shine, under your makeup. Check out sephora.
more than likely the cleanser your using is too strong, and the moisturizer is not strong enough. in other words, whatever you are using to wash your face is drying it out to much, and the moisturizer isn't moisturizing enough, and when you use an acne treatment you are drying your skin out even more which in the end your skin over compensates and produces too much oil. get a cleanser and a moisturizer for combination skin, use morning and night. for problem areas, or breakouts, only put the acne treatment on affected area, not entire face to avoid over drying. i suggust using Aveda products, they are a little pricey but sooooo worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cats