Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can you work at a makeup store if you have bad skin?

Honestly i've been suffering from acne for years since childhood and i have scars/blemishes which i coverup with makeup.





But i still get pimples... it's just mild acne though.





I'm applying for jobs and i'm wondering, would it be possible for me to work at a makeup store if i have bad skin?


Should i bother or not?Can you work at a makeup store if you have bad skin?
I would think so.


Especially if the store sells makeup that you use to cover your acne/scars.


If it's covered REALLY well (or completely) then it would basically be like using your face as an advertisement for customers. They come up to you asking for makeup that will help cover something and you say ';Well hey, I have some really bad acne scars. And I use this';





When I went to the LUSH store, the one guy working there had a LOT of acne. So I say, why not try?Can you work at a makeup store if you have bad skin?
It's possible to work there with mild acne, but some managers might hold it against you.





I work in the cosmetics department at a department store even though I don't have great skin (uneven skin tone). I was hired, but my manager told me that my skin was something I would have to work on and she gave me some products to help.





A year later she hired a girl with awful acne and gave her nothing. She was hired because she was known to be a good salesperson. She still has bad skin. Definitely apply and just look your best at the interview.
of course you can, but you have to hide them. any scars or pimples have to be hidden while at work. if not, that will just turn the customer off from youre store or counter becasue theyll think that your products dont even work on you, which definitely isnt true. it just depends on everyones skin type. you should most definitely apply. most cosmotologists get their interest in makeup because of their bad skin. they find that makeup improves their look, so go foooor it! =-D
Are you planning on like, modeling makeup for people? If that's not the case, then I would say yes because... I mean, people can't tell you where you can work just because of your skin, lol!
Don't bother. I doubt they'd hire you.





I have acne all over my face too. It's not too bad, but they want someone with perfect skin to sell their makup.
it would be harder. but if you cover it up and play up your featre i wounltndt worry. but make sure to get a product to help you with your acne
  • low rate loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    cats